Ads by Smowtion

Friday, December 10, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog!
I have decided to concentrate more on sharing what I know about crafts, quilts and books. This means there will be patterns, pictures and links to good books I have read. There will also be links to books and articles I have written which pertain to this Blog's content.
Now, a little about me! I have been a crafter ever since I can remember. My grandmother taught me how to sew, crochet and knit. The knitting I haven't perfected, or even come close...but I did make a scarf when I was little. As for crocheting, I have made countless afghans, dishcloths, hats and ornaments. I find it to be faster than knitting, but have had other people tell me it is the opposite for them. I think it is whatever works best for the individual...there is no right or wrong.
I have been a quilter for over twenty years...self taught. I have bought countless magazines and books over the years and have applied several patterns and techniques to my quilts. My personal favorites are the scrap quilts...the more color the better. I have machine quilted all sizes up to and including a queen size. Unfortunately, the machine I used to use has been out of commission for a few years now. My Pfaff is no match for the old heavy Arrow that worked so well.
I have also been an avid reader ever since I can remember. I have read several books by Stephen King, which I would have to say is my all-time favorite author. He has a wonderful imagination and can turn the words into almost being there. I could only wish to be half the author he is.
I have always enjoyed writing, and for several years it was just journaling. Almost a year ago, I joined HubPages and started writing about things I know. I have received many wonderful comments, which has encouraged me to continue on and expand my horizons.
As the days and weeks progress, I will strive to inform and entertain my readers. I welcome comments and criticism...but only constructive criticism. I am by no means perfect, which makes me like everyone else. I do however, do my best and encourage my children and others to do the same.
Welcome once again! Please check back often for ideas, patterns and links to interesting sites, articles and books. Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment