Ads by Smowtion

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Sunny Day!

We are blessed with another sunny morning...the question is, will it last throughout the day? We have had a cooler than usual spring, and we are all ready for some heat. I am anxious to get my garden cleaned up and planted, but the soil is too soggy and cold to do either.

I have been busy working on my book, as well as writing instructions for crocheted items. This little task is contracted, so I am unable to post where they will be going at the moment. I'm sure once they have been submitted and approved I will be able to link to the site. I am excited about it, but it has really made me think about what I am doing. Crochet comes natural to me, as I have been doing it since I was nine. What I haven't done much however, is write out instructions. It is a learning experience for me...my only hope is they are detailed enough to be followed by a beginner.

I have recently joined Book Blogs (see widget on the right of this blog), a site for those who write, read or love books. I think it will be a good way to learn more about promoting my book (Lulu link on the left), as well as expanding my reading horizons. The site will also help me gain more viewers and followers on my blog.

I have also set up a Facebook Page to keep my fans updated on new articles, book progress and pages of interest. I feel the more exposure I have the better. I am enjoying the benefits of working from home, and have my eye on a piece of property I would absolutely love to buy. I am hopeful my book sales and freelance income will allow me to do that. The hours are long and sometimes spread throughout the day, but that's what I love about it. I am free to go out and visit my animals when I hit a roadblock, then can come back in and carry on with a new perspective on my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment