Ads by Smowtion

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My New Book

As I started to write my new book, I wasn't sure how to organize it. Since it is about a combination of many things, I decided chapters was not going to work. I settled on 'sections' instead and it seems to be working quite well.

I was able to acquire a Book Writing Template from Dan Poynter's website, Para Publishing. It has been a wonderful tool in getting my thoughts organized. I would recommend it to anyone who is contemplating writing a book. The nice part is it is a generic template. Once you have your ideas in mind, it is easy to put them down on paper in an organized fashion.

Another very helpful resource is Mark Shaw's e-book How to Become a Published Author: Idea to Publication. This particular book is available on Lulu.com for less than ten dollars. It is 268 pages of valuable information; well worth the price. The best part is it can be downloaded so it can be put to use immediately.

I have written many articles, and have written one book. I only wish I had found the listed information before I wrote my first book. I will be receiving my printed copy of it in the mail any day now, so I will be able to fix what needs to be fixed. Working with a company which "publishes on demand" is good in the aspect changes may be made without a ton of books having to be tossed. For those who have purchased it the information is still relevant; the layout is missing a couple of pages.

As for the contents of my new book it will include How To's on many different things; mainly aspects of every day life. There are a couple of sections which may be more specialized, but I feel it is going to benefit all who read it in one way or another. My goal is to have it become a book which is referred to frequently. Perhaps like a favorite cookbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment