Ads by Smowtion

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to one and all! It is hard to believe another year has come and gone! It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the arrival of 2010.
Now that the holiday season is practically over (we still have one more to celebrate on January 6) we can all get back to a routine of school, work and day to day activities. For those who have made resolutions, I encourage you to stick with them. I usually don't make them, but this year I have made an exception. I resolve to clear the clutter in my world and finish the quilts, wall hangings and rugs I have started. I do not see that as an unreachable goal...it is just one I have to work hard at.
When making your resolutions, never make them too hard to keep. If your goal is to lose weight, start with a 10 pound loss instead of the 50 pounds you may be wanting or needing to lose. Starting with a realistic goal is the key to keeping those resolutions. In my case, and many other quilter's I'm sure, there have been projects piling up as the years have gone on. It is time to put an end to the pile of unfinished projects and turn them into finished, usable items.
Today I am concentrating on making my list, and as I go through cupboards and closets I will undoubtedly be adding to the list. I suggest anyone with half finished projects do the same. It doesn't have to be a resolution if you don't want it to be...it could just be considered a thorough cleaning and organizing. Start with the closets, as that seems to be where everything gets stashed.
Go through the crafts and quilts that haven't made it to the finished pile yet and make a note of project, recipient and priority. I have a quilt I started for my daughter when she was a baby...needless to say I have to make it much bigger now as she turned 14 in June. It is the Apple Core pattern, and is being hand pieced. I am hoping to have it finished in time for her Sweet 16, so I had best get busy. I also have a Grandmother's Flower Garden and Kansas Dugout quilt in progress, which are also both being hand pieced. I can see myself being very busy with these three projects alone, not to mention the others.
Along with de-cluttering my world, I will be adding to my writing portfolio. I encourage anyone who is or wants to be an author to join HubPages, Helium and Constant Content. I have found these three sites to be rewarding not only monetarily but also experience wise. I have received very positive feedback on my articles, which is very encouraging.
As the coming days, weeks and months unfold, I will be sharing patterns, ideas and writing tips and sites as I find them. Wishing all a Happy New Year once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment