Ads by Smowtion

Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Writing

As the days go on and I do more research, I find more writing sites where I am able to submit my work. I enjoy having the variety of sites to publish on, as it is increasing my audience as well as my earnings.

The latest I have found is Triond. They do much of the ground work, and publish my work on the sites most appropriate for the content. I have submitted four articles in the last two days and they have been published to as many different sites. Between my work on Triond, Helium, HubPages and here I will be building my portfolio quite nicely. I encourage anyone who is looking for a place to publish their articles to join one or all of the sites above.

As I was out and about today, I purchased more cotton yarn for dishcloths. I will be making another 10 or so and replenishing sold ones at a local shop. I went to see how things were selling today and got a nice surprise...over $50.00 worth of items had been sold. I paid my next two months rental fees and still had some left over.

I wrote an article on Home-based business ideas today and had it published. As I sit here writing this Blog, I can't help but think of more businesses. The one I am thinking of in particular is a Craft Consignment Shop. All one would need is a room or an out-building (the ATCO trailers work nicely) to display the crafts in. Let crafters in the area know about your shop and invite them to display their wares. Fees could be either a percentage of their sales or a fixed price for the space. Personally I prefer the latter as there will be income collected each month even if some clients didn't have any sales. Different booth sizes are set at different prices, and it doesn't matter how many items the client has in it. They are responsible for their craft display but it will be up to you to keep floors clean and ensure their items are not being mistreated. For an additional fee, you could keep the display tidy. This may be a service appreciated by those who live several miles away from your shop.

Now that I have inspired myself to write another article and you to work on your crafts, I bid you a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment